- 1 French baguette
- 2–3 Tablespoons (30–45 mL) high-quality extra-virgin olive oil (preferably unfiltered)
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Pour the oil into a small measuring cup or bowl. Set aside.
- Cut the ends off the baguette and set aside (save them for snacking). Cut the baguette into ½-inch (1.3 cm) slices and arrange them in a single layer on a baking sheet. Brush each slice with a thin layer of olive oil on both sides.
- Toast the bread slices for 5-7 minutes on each side, until the edges are light golden brown. The center of each slice may not brown but it will still crisp up.
- Remove from the oven and allow the crostini to cool completely on the baking sheet before transferring to a serving platter and topping with your favorite ingredients.
- Storage: The crostini can be made 1 day ahead and stored in an airtight container, although they are best eaten the day they are made.